Mar 8, 2015
Ella James is an Australian media personality who went to LA to
make it in comedy, to act in films, to be in the theatre and to
continue her work as a world recognised voice talent. This is an
interesting chat in which we talk about working at the Comedy Store
on Sunset Blvd in LA, the creative process, the sacrifices we make
for our dreams, and the importance of having the right people in
your corner. What does it take to be an Aussie and make it in the
Hollywood market? We absolutely loved having Ella as our guest this
week, and we think you will too.
In this episode, we cover:-
- Goal setting, dreams and how to make them a reality
- Surviving in show business in LA
- A key question... why not me?
- Life as a standup comic playing the best venues in LA
- Writing a gag... the process of creating content for a comedy
- Effective tips and tools for capturing your ideas
- How to build rapport with your audience?
- Why surrounding yourself with the right people is
- The sliding scale of preparation
- How observation leads to great comedy and great insight
- The sacrifices necessary for chasing your passion
- 50 Shades of Inspiration
- Using meditation and creative visualisation to create
- The delights that journaling can bring
- What's a Pocket Day?
- Dealing with a tough audience