May 5, 2019
Chip Conley is considered a rebel hospitality entrepreneur.
He’s a NY Times bestselling author, and disrupted hospitality
- his favorite industry - twice. At 26 he founded Joie de Vivre,
transforming an inner-city motel into the second largest boutique
hotel brand in America. He sold it and joined Airbnb to help
transform the promising start-up into the world’s leading
hospitality brand. Today Chip is Airbnb's Strategic Advisor for
Hospitality and Leadership. In this show we discuss wisdom,
leadership, and creating disruption.
- When someone asks Chip what he does, how does he like to
- How has Chip been able to enjoy longevity in his career?
- Chip is a leading authority at the intersection of
psychology and business. What's right at the heart of that?
- What was the moment Chip decided to pull the trigger
and sell his company?
- Chip's company Joie De Vivre was the name and the mission.
Was that intentional?
- Was his own mission shared with the company mission?
- Living intentionally. Reinvention but reintention, what’s
- Attachment to an identity can be dangerous. Is there a
psychological process people can follow?
- How did cancer reframe how Chip sees what’s
- Questions hold more power than answers. Why is it we have to
- Airbnb founder Brian Chesky - what is the greatest business
skill Brian has that Chip truly admires?
- “Musicians don’t retire, they quit when there is no more music
left inside them." What’s Chip’s soundtrack?
- A profound piece of advise - we listen to the story when
we should be should be listening for the story.
- Why more and more people fear being invisible
- What has Chip removed from his world in the last 100 days
that has had a profound effect on his life?
- The Modern Elder Academy.
Chip Conley website
Chip Conley Modern Elder Academy
Patreon for The Mojo Radio Show
The Mojo Radio Show
The Mojo Radio Show on Facebook
The Mojo Radio Show on Twitter
The Mojo Radio Show Answering Machine
08 7200 MOJO
The Mojo Radio Show copyright Gary Bertwistle & Darren
Products or companies we discuss are not paid endorsements.
They are not sponsored by, nor do we have any professional or
affiliate relationship of any kind with any of the companies or
products highlighted in the show.... sadly! It’s just stuff we
like, think is cool and maybe of interest to you our
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention
of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather
to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up,
totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”