Nov 1, 2015
Michael Smith is a leading dietician / nutritionist who
specialises functional medicine and in helping people get their
health mojo working. This week we discuss what drives the ageing
process and how we can turn back our biological clocks to give us
more energy, vitality and longevity of life. It is a very
informative and powerful discussion about the steps you can take to
stop the ageing process and have you feeling younger than
Here’s what we cover in this week's discussion:
- Can we slow the ageing process?
- Where do we start to slow the ageing process?
- Chronological age vs biological age, can we just feel
younger than we really are?
- Intermittent fasting and its effect on age
- The steps to assist in turning back your biological
- What part does red wine play in the ageing process? The
job of resveratrol
- What can we learn from there 7th Day Adventists?
- Is there an association between brain activity
- Are we living longer but in worse health? What should we
- Exercise and living a longer, more fulfilling life - the
role of resistance training
- How long does it take to start to see a change in
- What blood tests should we ask our GP for to test where we
- The blood test list to identify potential inflammation and
insulin resistance are HsCRP, HbA1C, homocysteine and Ferritin
- Can we look ok on the outside, but be ageing on the
- The science behind ageing and the roles of Telomeres
- The effects of cold thermogenesis.
- How stress ages us and what we can do about it…. still the
- Genetic testing and interpreting the results