Nov 29, 2015
Every leader needs to hear this conversation with Phil Lynch
as he downloads the complete blue print to implement and execute an
environment of innovation in your company. Phil Lynch is the
Australian CEO of world leading global consumer products company
Johnson & Johnson. Many of us know the J & J products in
our home…. baby wipes, baby powder, Reach, Neutrogena, Listerine,
Band Aid, Codral, Stayfree and Splenda. Phil has been on a
journey to lead and help the people of his organisation in
Australia unlock their great ideas.
Starting inside and working out, in every part of the
business, this now-recognised process has not only created an
environment of ideas big and small through the whole organisation,
it has been a business development model that has improved
everything from figures to staff engagement scores
Here’s what we discuss in this week’s show:
- Your leadership roll today what does it entail? What
products in the J & J range of products would we know?
- Many leaders talk about implementing a culture of innovation in
their business - Phil explains the journey the business has been on
for the last few years to create a culture of innovation.
- What the starting point to start to create a culture of
- Dealing with business skeptics and naysayers.
- How does Phil personally define innovation?
- The journey to see across the company.
- Creating the brand of innovation internally with "Ideas big and
- The process for capturing ideas across the business, a concept
borrowed from Facebook.
- How does J & J resource a new concept?
- How do you measure success? What are the successful metrics
that have been achieved?
- What has Phil learnt as a leader during this process?
- What has the business eliminated to ensure that innovation
- What's been the primary role of the leader in this
- Phil’s Rituals.
- Productivity systems or tools that Phil uses to stay on top of
- What is the most important first step in this journey?