Bondi Chai is an awarding winning Australian Chai Tea company.
Started in Tasmania, Melissa and Martin Edyvean have an amazing and
inspiring story of a husband and wife who decided to make their
dreams of a perfect life a reality. Starting with a life designed
on a yellow legal pad, this interview takes you through the highs,
the very low’s and the success these two lovely and super
successful people have been through on their journey to achieve
their dreams. From the naming of the brand, to setting a BHAG,
understanding how to live and work successfully with your life
partner, going global, to creating a new category in the market, we
cover a range of relevant topics for any dreamer, partner or
business person looking for ideas to realise your potential.
Here’s what we discuss in this week’s show:
- What is a Bondi Chai?
- How did they start their new business from scratch?
- What are the stepping stones to building a business?
- If you don’t have the expertise, how do you find it? How do you
- Do entrepreneurs have to risk it all? Busting the myth of being
- Starting out and creating your own category
- Why Bondi Chai as a name? Going global
- Like selling ice to eskimo’s, imagine selling Chai to the India
- Creating a BHAG - a million cups of Bondi Chai Latte a day
- The yellow legal pad…. the template for the dream for their
perfect life design
- Design the life, then find the product that fits their business
- Good is the enemy of great
- Travel with a purpose
- What makes their partnership work? Work together, play together
and live together 24/7
- What are the unessentials that Martin and Melissa have hacked
away at, and removed?
- Simplicity - the value to limiting choice with just 2
- Do the guys journal?
- If you were starting over, what would that look like?
- Daily rituals for them as individuals and as a couple