As a great Australian athlete Dan Collins has 4 Olympic medals
in the sport of kayaking. Dan has since successfully transitioned
into business, working in sports administration in the NRL, AFL,
and International Rugby. Today he is a leading business consultant
working with organizations to maximize their success through their
people and teams. Dan trains people in personal excellence and
understanding what it really takes to win. Get your business and
personal mojo working with his interview as Dan gives us loads of
usable practical tools we can apply on any day in order to be our
Here's what we cover in this episode:-
- Dan's backstory and how he can best help businesses
- What gets in the way of us being our best?
- Looking at people and knowing that they want to be their best
when they come to work
- Engaging with people around excellence
- The class of personal excellence, teaching how to win!
- Dealing with conflict in teams. It may not be bad!
- Is there an I in TEAM?
- What are the BIG 3?
- Where does self interest fit within the team environment?
- The one lesson learnt from Bill Mitchell at Australia Post
- The power of painting a picture of what's possible
- The Olympic theater, how do you bring it when it's all on the
- Bringing the Olympic thinking into our world of business and
- Handling the voice of doubt
- How do you see failure? Finding limits, where are I at
- Developing GRIT. Learning to suffer for a purpose
- What's your view on going to work?
- Dan's daily rituals, the non negotiables
- Evening rituals - the 4 questions to journal. What did I learn
today, what am I grateful for, what was good fun and what I
The Haines Group
Ikea paper furniture story
Brazil Neutrogena Advertising story
Lessons of Rock - Lisa Fisher with the Rolling
Mojo Radio Show answering machine number call 08 7200
or 08 7200 MOJO